Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back Again

I've been spending most of my time at the cottage I mentioned a few posts ago, and I can't post from there, so the world has had a respite from my nonsense. While I was loafing around fishing and working on my golf game, the Midwest flooded, the corn crop has been trashed, Tim Russert has died, and the Supreme Court has evidenced some modicum of sanity and bitch-slapped the Bush administration on Habeas Corpus at Gitmo.

Boo, boo^2, boo-hoo, and YAY!

The cottage was great, aside from the 10 days of periodic deluge. Thankfully, I'm on a hill on a lake and the house is built over a crawl-space, so it didn't flood.

A couple of pics of the place:


That's the actual cottage. Not much to look at, but considering I'm only paying as couple of hundred bucks a month (with 18 holes of golf a day), I'm not going to complain about a little peeling paint or an uneven floor. This is the view toward the lake:

The lawn was a bit shaggy that day, because the days and days of rain made it impossible to get a mower out there and cut the grass. And this is the view on the other side of the house:


The club house and first tee of the golf course.

Life ain't half bad.

No comments: